Summer will be over soon, but that doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate the warm weather with some free content for the community. The Sims community is truly global, which means we have so many fun stories to tell with events like Diwali, Day of the Dead, and more. Through our Sims’ clothing, furniture, food, and activities, we are trying to celebrate the diversity within our community.
With summer in full swing, we shifted our gaze towards the sunny Caribbean and its vibrant, colorful clothing and styles. With Carnival taking place throughout the region, we took inspiration from the traditional patterns to craft some hip, modern clothing for your Sims to wear to a party, or perhaps the last picnic of the summer.
In this pack you’ll find three new hairs, two of which have beautiful curls & textures! There are also numerous new clothing assets, some makeup, and even a little furniture. We should mention that it includes a ceiling fan and sliding door…
Check out the new assets, tell us what you think, and be sure to share your stories and creations in the Gallery!
Now for this month’s patch notes.
Grant Rodiek, aka SimGuruGrant
The Sims 4
- Screenshots taken using the C key are no longer fuzzy. We had some schmutzle on the lens we had to clean off.
- There are now three new hairs, as well as a head wrap.
- In case you are looking for even more hair, there’s a new stubbly beard!
- There is an abundance of new clothing! We added two feminine tops, two skirts, snazzy sweatpants, a new suit, and some sandals. And if you can’t decide how to set it up, there are new Featured Looks to kickstart your ideas (one male, one female).
- Can’t we makeup? There are new lipsticks, new eyeshadows, and new eyeliners.
- There are now four sliding doors.
- There is now a ceiling fan, in case you were curious about that breeze.
- We have added a new wallpaper – look for its leafy goodness!
- There is a new coffee table, potted plant, living chair, loveseat, and painting.
- We fixed an issue where thought bubbles would overlap and never go away. It should be fixed now, at least, that is our thought. Bubble. Get it.
- The word “Queer” is no longer banned by the profanity filter. As language evolves, it’s important we stay on top of these things, so thank you for the feedback.
- The Walls Down and Cutaway View options function as expected if an additional active Sim is added to your household when visiting an NPC home.
- Two Sims can no longer try to pick up/wrangle a toddler at the same time.
- Family Trees should accurately represent a Sim’s lineage now with non-blank thumbnails.
- Build Mode and Gallery music will no longer collide for dominance. We accidentally introduced a bug that was more or less the worst version of Battle of the Bands.
- Expansion Pack, Game Pack, and any Stuff Pack fish types now count towards the Collect 20 Types of Fish goal from the Angling Ace Aspiration.
- You can now live-drag microphones and place them in a Sim’s inventory.
Get to Work
- Employees now deduct funds when restocking, so it’s no longer free. But also, the cheaper restocking perk now works for employees. We giveth, we taketh away.
Romantic Garden Stuff
- The Wishing Well now gives you a soulmate with the gender of your Sim’s romantic preference.
- Sims walking around San Myshuno now act like it’s cold outside, or hot, as you’d expect, if Seasons is installed.
- Sims now dress appropriately for the weather to mourn.
- Sims conducting athletic activity like basketball and jogging will no longer freeze to death. Sporting is once again safe.
- If you have Laundry Day Stuff, seasonal clothing changes won’t generate so many clothing piles.
- There was an issue where Sims you created, but weren’t currently playing, would be affected by weather, and therefore might immediately freeze to death when trying to play them. This seemed like a poor way to play The Sims, so we fixed it.
- Various Text and Translation changes and improvements.
Originid: mogway Name: Beginners Luck 30*20 lot
A nice spacious starter home, Start your legacy in somewhat style. Basic style! Only items used from the base game. With still some money left to upgrade or get that tv you always wanted! Or start your garden #starter #under20k #basegame #nocc #dms2c #mogway #legacy
Hopefully the weather isn’t too hot in your neck of the woods, because then you’d be…Simmers. *cough*
In addition to several fixes and tweaks to improve your game experience, we’ve overhauled the Gallery! This is something we’ve been working on for a while and is the first step to keep enhancing the Gallery to make it an incredible platform for this community to share its creations.
Read below to find out what we changed with the Gallery as well as various improvements throughout the game.
Our goal with the Gallery is to shift the focus towards the creators making incredible content and make it easier to download the content.
- We’ve re-arranged the content images so that you can now Follow the creator, Favorite the content, and download the content on the front page.
- We’ve moved the Search bar and popular hashtags front and center.
- Popular Now is the default filter, which means you should see more fresh, different content.
- We’ve renamed and re-arranged the tabs. You now have Gallery, for content, News to find out who is uploading and sharing content, your Profile (with your name), and your Library, to see your downloaded content.
- We’ve updated the art and visuals throughout the Gallery.
- You can now download and place Lots and Rooms from the Gallery even if you begin in Live mode. Hurray! At last!
Just a reminder in case you haven’t used the Gallery before: The Gallery will not download custom content or mods to your machine. There is a filter to see items created with custom content, but it will not install the custom content for you. So, you can rest assured that items downloaded from the gallery will not break your game.
The Sims 4
- You can now move Easels into your inventory and Live Drag them, which means you can paint out and about in the world! Be sure to pick up your easel before you leave!
- Removed unnecessary “seams” that appeared when wearing some full body toddler outfits.
- Sims should now use the closest counter to prepare Garden Salads of any portion size.
- Sims should now use the closest sink to wash dishes.
- Sims should now only use a single Kitchen space to prepare a meal, even on Lots with multiple kitchens.
Get to Work
- The “Ask About Suspect” interaction is now available during an APB event in the detective career.
- You can now select Hot and Cold Weather attire via the Closet.
- Sims who belong to an Infamous Club no longer get the Intimidated by Fame moodlet at a gathering.
- The temperature in the Kiddie Pool is now consistent with other pools. Sims will get the “Uncomfortable Chilled” moodlet, but won’t immediately begin freezing to death.
- Vampires are now protected from the Sun when using an umbrella, though it probably gives things away, wouldn’t you say, Vlad?
- Decorations no longer clip through the rooftops when viewing a Lot in Free Camera mode.
- Electronic objects will now function properly during the rain, assuming they are indoors and beneath a roof.
- Sims will no longer freeze to death while playing basketball in cold weather. One could say that as a result of their skillful play, they’re on fire.
- Father Winter has been banned from all Clubs and will no longer appear when adding Sims to a club. Seems Father Winter has been naughty.
- Pets will no longer stretch bizarrely while Sims are opening presents.
- The Sing Together… interaction is now available on the Kinara, Menorah, and Holiday Trees when a Holiday Tradition is active.
- The Flower Bunny no longer appears on random holidays and events, which is good, because Flower Bunnying is a full time job and they were really slacking.
- Sims with the Responsible Trait now have their Daily Tasks automatically completed for the Gardening Career. R-E-S-P-O-N-S-I-B-L-E doesn’t quite have the same ring to it. Sorry, Aretha.
- Sims who die while skating now die like you’d expect them to die. There was some weirdness, but now there isn’t. Just good ‘ol standard death.
- Sims were sometimes slipping indoors while walking TO a mud pile, which is silly. They now slip and fall like you’d expect.
- Sims disturb their bees less frequently. We told them to buzz off.
- Plants pollinated by bees will now evolve more quickly, which is how they bee better.
- Facial hair now appears while the Hot and Cold Weather filters are active.
- Banana, palm, and fern trees no longer drop leaves.
- While using the randomize function with a mannequin you can now see Hot and Cold Weather options appear.
- We fixed various typos in the Scouting Career. Apparently our Scouts didn’t earn the spelling merit badge…
- Handiness Whims are now completed when Handy Sims work on the Sprinklers and Weather Controller.
- Vegetarian safe options purchased from local vendors are now actually vegetarian safe.
- Purchasing items from a vendor now contributes to the Jungle Explorer Aspiration progress.
Perfect Patio Stuff
- Broken Sparks visual effects now go away once you repair a Hot Tub.
- Birds will once again appear when a bird feeder is placed.
Vintage Glamour Stuff
- The vanity table should now apply makeup appropriately once more.
- Clothing should no longer disappear after hung on the Model T Clothesline.
Posted in Patch
Tagged patch, seasons, sims
We have another update for you to improve some of the issues found after the release of Seasons and the June update. Take a look at the notes to see what has changed. Thanks for your support and be sure to enjoy the fantastic summer weather from time to time!
Let’s get into the patch notes!
-SimGuruGrant aka Grant Rodiek
The Sims 4
- We addressed an issue where the game would lag when placing wall patterns on blocks that were touching roofs.
- The Reset Object cheat is now available to the community again. You could say that we reset it.
- Sims no longer route fail when trying to enter a room on foundation level 1 that doesn’t have a stair. They just step up like a big kid, now.
- Neat Sims are no longer uncomfortable when near a fire place that has assorted upgrades.
- The lid for the GrillWise by GrillMania has been returned.
Get to Work
- The Lice Cold Retail Freezer can now hold harvestables for you to sell.
Cats & Dogs
- Cats and dogs should no longer fill your Sims’ queue with interactions. We want the pets to be friendly, but perhaps not that friendly.
- Emotion berries now provide emotions again, which is a berry good thing.
- Thermostats now have their interactions available when placed on Commercial and Vacation lots.
- You can no longer use the Woo interaction with Bee Swarms to, *cough* woohoo with a relative.
- Patchy the Scarecrow will no longer change into a human.
- We addressed an issue where roof decorations on some lots didn’t look appropriate for the Mac.
With the launch of Seasons we encountered a few issues we weren’t expecting and wanted to quickly address as many issues as possible. We’re still following up on several community reports, so if you know of an issue that isn’t listed here, be sure to engage with us on the Forums or social media to continue the conversations.
- We addressed an issue where fireplaces wouldn’t remain lit. Now, they should remain lit, and if they could talk, they would probably tell their friends “come thru, it’s lit.” Because it’ll literally be lit.
- We addressed some cases where players were experiencing severe lag when placing wallpapers in build mode.
- They always say the grass is greener on the other side, but here at Maxis we try to innovate, and unfortunately we made the grass really brown in some cases, even if you don’t have Seasons installed. We’ve now returned to our regularly scheduled green grass.
- Spliced plants now have a proper description so you know what comprises their genetic makeup.
- The underside of roof eaves no longer have texture.
- Plants were growing a bit too wildly out and about in the world. We’ve scaled them back with some digital, organic, completely sustainable pesticide.
- In the past, we accidentally made available several cheats that are meant for debugging and developing the game only. To be frank, the cheats are VERY dangerous and can have very unpredictable effects on your games. We took these cheats away to be safe. However, we took a few TOO many away. We have added the following cheats back:stats.set_skill_level
- Plants inside a planter box can now receive water again.
Get to Work
- As expected, any objects placed in the Modern Metallic Illuminated Display Case can now be moved, removed, and so forth.
- Calendar events will now occur on the day for which you planned them, thus ending centuries of debate on the purpose of a calendar.
- Player created events will now appear on the calendar as expected.
NOTE: As a result of some calendar improvements, the dates for some of your currently scheduled events MAY change, but this will only happen once.
- In an unexpectedly diabolical twist, Sims were hosting pool parties in the winter and their guests were freezing to death. Yikes! Sims invited to the pool party are now immune to the effects of the cold during the party.
- We fixed an audio issue when Teen Sims plead for Forgiveness on gnomes.
More important also with this patch!
We all have a glass roof…if we want to ofc…if you want to ofc XD…they look like normal roofs in the menu but when you click on them it says glass XD
SimGuruGrant tweets about the patch
Also in this patch:
Update: 06/19/2018 – PC 22.214.171.1240 / Mac 126.96.36.1990
Hello Simmers! SimGuruGrant here! This month’s update is a really big one with hundreds of tweaks, improvements, and fixes to a bunch of content in The Sims 4. Read below to catch up on some of the specific ones! SimGuruGnome is still off on assignment, so once again you’re stuck with boring old me. My apologies!
The Sims 4
- Fixed numerous pieces of clothing that were not properly compatible or had graphical issues.
- Fixed numerous issues related to having and interacting with a large number of objects in a Sim’s inventory.
- Players used to be able to grab a Sim from the gallery randomly then immediately upload it BACK to the gallery, gaining sole credit. That is no longer the case.
- We’ve been working with air traffic controllers, and as a result, birds are no longer flying through houses throughout the various worlds. It seems we were bird brains on this one.
- The Welcome Wagon will no longer hide their fruitcake for themselves. When they come say hi, they totally will give you that fruit cake. Which your Sims may or may not hate.
- Children no longer wake up in a panic every time they wake up. Now, only when there are monsters around.
- You can now successfully complete the wedding event by having the newlyweds enjoy the first slice of cake!
- Sims at a social event with failing needs will now properly return to their active lot when you tell them to do so as expected.
- If a Sim dies while their roommate is off lot, when the roommate returns, they’ll be very sad.
- If you try to add birthday candles to a cake, the tooltip tells you how to do so if it is currently on the wrong part of the table.
- Active Sims won’t try to drink so dang much during a party. Once they have a refreshing beverage, they should be good.
- The “Sims walking on their knees” issue has been fixed for toddlers who age up.
- The Book of Life can now be read if it is bound to the same lot as the Sim trying to read it. You can now truly get a life, or at least read about it.
- Custom Music should now work appropriately on all stereos.
Get to Work
- Aliens and Vampires no longer adjust the colors of their beards and eyebrows when going to work. The office uniform policy has been updated.
- Some of our fake, not approved doctors were assigning patients to beds that already had a patient in them. This is poor healthcare and we’ve fixed it.
- You can now sell gardening produce and flowers at retail again.
- The police chief can no longer be the suspect in a crime. OR CAN THEY? No, they can’t. We fixed it. Or…no seriously. Case closed.
- Sims can now purchase items stored in the LICE Cold Retail Freezer on NPC owned retail stores.
- Employee Sims will now clock in more reliably, and automatically be assigned a job task when they show up for work.
- Doctors and Detectives will no longer receive the Go on Vacation whim so frequently.
- A Sim’s club progress no longer resets when transferring the Sim to a new household.
- Sims who are resurrected after dying from eating poisonous Pufferfish Nigiri will no longer die when they eat anything else. Sorry, seems it took us longer to get all the poison out than we would have liked.
- Sims listening to music via Earbuds (Fitness Stuff) will no longer cause a noise complaint from neighbors in the apartment.
- Food Critics will no longer have conflicting experiences when reviewing food.
- Squeamish Sims (Outdoor Retreat) are now properly affected by mice and natural dangers (Jungle Adventure).
- Sims will now fall asleep after receiving the Zonked moodlet from the Bubble Blower.
- Teenagers will no longer send inappropriate text messages regarding the Romance Festival.
- The Scattered Panes windows now cast appropriate shadows.
- New recipes from Cats & Dogs now function as expected in restaurants.
Perfect Patio Stuff
- Uhntz uhntz uhntz uhntz ALL RADIOS CAN NOW PLAY THE ELECTRONICA STATION uhntz uhntz uhntz uhntz
Cats & Dogs
- Male stall vendors who work in Brindleton Bay and San Myshuno no longer wear high heels. Nobody appreciates our fashion choices!
- Vet clinic staff will now work AS EXPECTED even if a TV or computer are on the lot. We had to update our staff policy.
- We unfloated the objects that were floating at the Pupperstone Park location.
- Cats will no longer receive a Flirty Moodlet from Flirty Paintings. They’ll have to look elsewhere to find love. Mee-yow.
- Spayed cats will no longer become pregnant after an adventure from the Free Spirit trait. Now they’re super fixed.
- Pet toys will no longer stick to cats when they’re finished playing with them. They’ll stay on the floor, as they should!
- Fixed situations where Sims were unable to adopt cats or dogs.
- Sims who belong to played households can no longer be employed by the Vet Clinic.
- Sims now face the right direction when fishing in Brindleton Bay. The water is thataway!
Romantic Garden Stuff
- When a new child is successfully summoned using the Wishing Well, the child is now actually added to the household. The magic had to be tweaked, and we apologize for any inconvenience.
Vintage Glamour Stuff
- We’ve added an interaction to send the Butler to sleep so that time will speed up when everyone in the household is now sleeping.
- You can now remove Vanity Makeup with a new interaction on the vanity table.
Laundry Day Stuff
- The maid will no longer put folded clothes back into the washer and dryer. They were just trying to help…badly.
- Earbuds now raise a Sim’s fun need while music is streaming directly into their ears.
Bowling Night Stuff
- Sims can now socialize with each other while bowling, because it’s not like they’re breaking a sweat with rigorous athleticism.
- Sims will level up their bowling skill more quickly now.
- Sims can now choose between 3, 5, or 10 frame games of bowling, with the winning Sim’s score shown at the end of the game.
My First Pet Stuff
- Sims, and especially pets, will now be a bit less obsessed with their rodents.
- Sims who owned a rodent will become sad for a period of time when their rodent dies.
Tweets from SimGuruGrant
New Features for June Update (Several Tweets in Thread) – Glass Roofs! Finally! Use them to create a greenhouse or just a gorgeous new structure. You’ll find these in Build Mode. Be sure to share your creations with us on the Gallery!
- We added Cold Weather and Hot Weather Outfit categories in CAS. Whatever clothing you use here will work for those weather types. That means these categories will work with custom content and storytelling.
- We added a swimwear category for toddlers.
- We added a re-traiting potion. Huh? Yup! Go to the Satisfaction Store in the Aspiration panel and spend your satisfaction points. This lets you swap out your traits (5000 points!)
- We overhauled the Gardening Skill in a big way! We revised the tuning and balance to make it a little easier and more profitable. Less drudgery, more money! We synchronized plants to need water, etc. at the same time of day. Seed Packets can be opened if placed on the ground.
- More Gardening: There is a gardening sort in outdoor activities in Build to make it easy to find all the gardening equipment. You can also buy seed packets in build now! Gardening Evolution has been streamlined to 5 levels with better UI, plus we made the interaction immediate.
- More Gardening: Uncommon and Rare Seed packets can be purchased once you’re at higher levels of the gardening skill. This means you can just buy them instead of hunting them down in the world. You can research plants (new interaction) to gain info for your notebook.
- More Gardening: Research tells you things like the right growing season, sell price, and more. You can now sell Harvestables directly from the plant. Most interactions now have an “area of effect” option at higher levels so you can garden more quickly and efficiently
I’ve added 2 new download pages today. Everyday clothing female child & Everyday clothing male child
Also added “De Pieter” to the sims 4 download page, as always for sims 4 items go to gallery and search mogway for my items 🙂
Many moons ago when there was still a forum there was a story about the house I live in.
Don’t worry I will not tell you that story, but I did try to recreate my house.
It is cat friendly and guardians of the galaxy free…which is sad though XD..the guardians free part ofc XD
Download here or you can find it through my origin ID: mogway
I cant take a day off or EA is making me play catch up big time.
So hear me and rejoice for we will have weather in Sims 4 starting June 22nd!
Now before that we need to patch things up:
SimGuruGnome is away on a top secret assignment, so writing these notes has fallen to me. I beg your forgiveness in my subpar writing style, and hope you’ll bear with me.
Let’s start at the top…of your head! We made a snappy bowler hat that was previously only for female Sims now unisex. So, either gender can look silly.
We did a lot of work to improve situations where a lot of Sims enter a crowded space caused Sims to stand on furniture. Sims will no longer stand atop picnic tables like film nerds recreating the famous scene from Dead Poets Society.
The Tragic Clown will now always actually dress like the Tragic Clown. What was a tragedy of fashion is now just a tragedy of clownness.
We’ve made MySims trophies less rare.
We fixed a game freeze that occurred when trying to place stairs next to a room with half-walls.
This one’s a little complicated, so stick with me. If your Sim had a baby with a Sim who didn’t live in the house, then you aged up the baby to a toddler while this Sim was visiting, they couldn’t leave. Well, now they can leave! Woohoo! Wait, Woohoo is what got us in trouble in the first place.
If you set the table on the Round Selvadoradian Dining table or Dinner’s On! By Crockery Kitchen table, you can now clean the dishes. Don’t think you’re getting out of chores so easily.
And other fixes and improvements.
We rinsed, washed, and scrubbed many of the Laundry Moodlets causing your Sims issues, including Sims will only play positive animations for positive Moodlets and they’ll play the animations less frequently.
You can now sing karaoke duets with members of your group! This will make an epic night even more epic, but be sure to read the room and not sing a downer of a song.
Get To Work
Pastries are once again available for purchase from the Corporate Fridge Raider Revenue Generating Cooler. We’re not monsters.
Finally, Jasmine is back with another boost! Give her a call on your phone to gain powerful Moodlets to help your Sims build their Culinary, Gardening, Photography, or Painting Skills. She can also help with some of your Sim’s Needs so they can get out doors for longer.